Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What a girl wants...

So, just this morning, I was walking from St. Raymund's building to the Main building in my University, when I overheard these two girls talking about their type of guy. That shit got me thinking. What is my ideal guy? 

I never tried figuring it out. I mean, what's the point? I'm not even looking for anyone at the moment. With all the stress I'm dealing with, I really don't think I'd need one as well. Just seeing my friends stress about their relationships is putting me off of having one myself. Plus, to be honest, I think I'm actually scared of love. I'm scared of commitment. I'm scared of trusting someone who could possibly break that trust. I'm scared to get hurt. Sure, I've put up my walls, and I'm not that stupid to get myself hurt in the first place. When you're in love, you end up putting your walls down and giving it your all. I don't think I could do that yet. I don't want to feel like I'm tied to something. I'm a free spirit. Sure, I guess it would be nice to have someone, but then it's all too complicated. I don't knoooooow. Gaaaahhhhh. I'm going way out of topic, I'm supposed to be thinking about what kind of guy I like...

Here goes...

  1. Living in the Philippines, I was kind of "forced" to communicate in Filipino or Tagalog or whatever you wanna call it, but to be honest, I'm really uncomfortable with that language. I prefer communicating in English. Whether verbal or written. It doesn't matter. I totally prefer that. So, one of the things that attracts me to a guy is his fluency in talking in English, and it's also a huge turn on when a guy actually knows the difference between there/their/they're, his/he's, too/to, and where/were/we're. I'm serious. That's the first thing I want in a guy.
  2. Second, I want someone who's straight up with his thoughts and emotions. I've seen enough relationships go down the drain because one or both of them keep hiding what they truly feel. They keep waiting for it to build up then they lash out, and POOF! They break up in the end. Dude, I thought relationships are supposed to be about trust and love and honesty?! What the hell happened?! What the hell are you guys doing?! See my point? I don't get people sometimes. *sighs heavily* And it's a huge thing when a guy shows what he truly feels. Whether it be anger, happiness, sadness, jealousy, WHATEVER! 'Cause personally, I think a guy's being serious with a relationship when he invests his emotions in it and actually shows vulnerability. But then, that's just my opinion. I'm irrelevant, remember?
  3. I realized I keep crushing on guys who are just "chill" compared to the pesky, clingy, badgering ones. I get irritated easily with that. When they keep pestering you about something. When they keep clinging on to you, that you don't even have time to actually miss them. Ugh! Those people are totally frustrating. I want a guy who would give me my "me" time, some personal space and time. I don't know. Yeah. Whatever.
  4. Another thing for me is when in public, they're so bad-ass and all that, but when it's just you two together, he's the sweetest person you'll ever meet. I'm not saying I want a two-faced person, but- ugh! I'm so not good at explaining shit, so I'm just hoping you got what I meant. I seriously don't know how to explain this one. I guess I'm the only person who would understand what I actually meant with this, which probably doesn't really matter 'cause I'm the only one reading this.
  5. Anyway, next up, I just want a guy you could be comfortable with. Someone who could be your best friend, at the same time. Someone you could lean on when times get rough. Let's face it, there are actually some relationships where the two parties can't treat each other as best friends, and they always end up lying to the other person about something. I really don't think I'd want that. Lying to my boyfriend or something. I want someone to finally see through the fake smile I put on, and just call me out on it. It gets tiring, you know? Pretending you're alright and your friends buy the pretense and actually think you're alright. I'm not making any sense, am I? Oh well, doesn't matter.
  6. I want someone who would treat me equally, and not be sexist. I don't like feeling so helpless. I'm not fragile, nor am I disabled. Sure, it's sweet and all when the guy does things for you, like open doors, carry your stuff, and whatever. That's not how I roll, dude. I don't like the "I'm the guy, I should be doing that." speech. I'm perfectly capable of doing shit on my own. I've been doing it before, and I'm definitely okay with doing it now. Get what I mean? Unless I actually end up disabled, that's definitely a different story.
That's all I could think of for now. I'll probably add more when realization hits or whatever. We'll see...

So, that's for the attitude. I've got another list for physical attributes. It's not really important, but these are my personal preferences...
  1. I've always had a thing for pretty eyes. I don't know. I just do. Green ones are my favorite. I didn't notice it until I've listed down my celebrity crushes and realized that most, if not all, of them had beautiful green eyes.
  2. Brown hair. Just like the thing with the green eyes, I also realized that my crushes had brown hair. Not black, not blonde, not red. Brown. Don't ask why. I have no freaking answer to that.
  3. Strong jawlines! AAAAHHHHHH! That shit makes me go weak at the knees! Oh gosh!
  4. Stubble or light facial hair. I don't know, but I find it really hot.
  5. Clean hands and feet. Don't ask. I don't know why, either. It's just like, guys seem really neat.
  6. Someone taller than I am. I've always found it a tad bit awkward when I see couples where the girl is taller than the guy. Definitely wouldn't want that to happen to me. I'm 5'5" or 1.65 m. I wouldn't want, like, 7-footers, though. I think the tallest I'll go for is 6'2". Don't ask why that particular height.
That's it, I guess. Ha. I seem so picky, don't I? Well, fuck off. HAHAHAHA. These are my preferences, remember? This is my rant blog, remember? Go away! Loljk.

Ohhhhhh!!!!!!! Another thing! Accents! Dude! I love accents! Here are my favorites:
  • BRITISH! Oh gosh! Who doesn't love their accent? Definitely swoon worthy! The Brit accent is actually one of my weaknesses! Oh, I could just listen to a Brit talking ALL DAY! I'm not even exaggerating. I really could! Add up an ultra husky voice, like Harry Styles', and we're good to go. ;)
  • AUSTRALIAN! Need I explain?
  • SOUTH AFRICAN! Weird, right? But you probably haven't heard Dean Geyer talking! Go listen to them first before you start complaining how weird I am to like this accent. But then, his accent is a bit of a mix of South African and Australian. YOLO.
  • FRENCH! Have you ever heard a French dude speaking in English? They could be saying "Would you like some coffee?" and it could still sound so damn romantic! Sorry. HAHA.

To be honest, I didn't expect this post to get this long, but YOLO. :)

Oh well, I'm out!

- KPats ♥
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment